1. Fill out a Free application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA). There are three ways to apply:
When you apply on the web, you may want to apply for a PIN number to allow you to electronically sign the FAFSA. You may apply for a PIN by clicking here.
- Apply online
- Complete a paper FAFSA. Go to the website and download a PDF version of the FAFSA
- Call 800-4-FED-AID and request a paper application
2. Remember to include NCC's financial aid school code 004600 on the FAFSA. Submit the FAFSA on the Web or mail in the paper version to the federal processor.
3. After the FAFSA is processed you and NCC will receive a Student Aid Report (SAR). Review the information on the SAR, check it for accuracy and update estimated information, if necessary. You may make corrections or updates online at the Federal Student Aid website or on the paper SAR, if you received one.
4. If your SAR indicated that you are selected for verification, you will need to provide additional information to the school. This will include providing copies of your tax returns. It is important for you to respond to NCC as soon as possible with all the documents.
5. Once your file is complete and you have been accepted by Admissions, NCC will send you an award letter indicating the types and amounts of aid for which you are eligible.