Don’t have time to come to campus and sit in a classroom? Don’t postpone earning your degree, think about taking classes or earning your entire degree online through Northwest Iowa Community College. Our students are able to choose from over 750 courses and multiple programs!
NCC, as a member of the Iowa Community College Online Consortium (ICCOC), is able to provide an extensive schedule of classes every semester. When you take an online class, you might be working with one of our instructors or with an instructor at one of the other participating community colleges. Regardless of where that instructor is, you earn your college credits through Northwest Iowa Community College.
How does it work?
- Courses run by terms, and most of them are not strictly self-paced and instructors generally set weekly deadlines. It is important to make sure you have the time to devote to doing your online course.
- Generally you will need to purchase a textbook, but in a few cases your content is purchased when you enroll in the class and the content is embedded for you. A list of textbooks is available at Textbooks.
- No matter who teaches the class, you are a student of Northwest Iowa Community College and all the support services available to campus students are also available to you. Support from academic advisors, the library, tutoring services, the College Store and the distance learning team are at your service.
- You may apply online, but need to talk to an advisor before registering for classes. This process is designed to help you make sure you are taking the right course so that you can complete your educational goals.
You do not have to take all of our classes online. Many of our students blend their program with some online and some on campus. Our goal is to meet your needs! Here are a few things for you to consider before signing up for online classes.
Includes the emphasis available in:
- Pre-Professional Accounting
- Pre-Professional Criminal Justice
- Pre-Professional Early Childhood Education
- Pre-Professional Education
- Pre-Professional History
- Pre-Professional Human Services
- Pre-Professional Pyschology
- Wellness Management
Associate of Arts in Management
2 specialties are available to online students in:
- Financial/Insurance Services
To enroll in an online class today; follow these instructions:
- Please complete the online application in order to become an NCC Student. (Transcripts are required for students who are seeking a degree at NCC.)
- If you plan to transfer this course to another institution, please check with your current institution/advisor to make sure that this course will appropriately transfer back as needed for your degree plan. NCC does not have the discretion to say whether or not a course will work for degree requirements at other institutions.
- After you have received confirmed acceptance, you can contact Student Services to register for your course at 712-324-5061 or 800-352-4907.
For more information:
• Email: Student Services
• Call: 712-324-5061 or 800-352-4907
• Text: 712-301-2573 or 712-301-1401
Northwest Iowa Community College has been approved by the state of Iowa to participate in the National Council for State Authorization Reciprocity Agreements (NC-SARA). NC-SARA is an agreement among member states that establishes comparable national standards for interstate offering of postsecondary distance education courses and programs. It is intended to make it easier for students to take online courses offered by postsecondary institutions based in another state.