Don’t have time to come to campus and sit in a classroom? Don’t postpone earning your degree, think about taking classes or earning your entire degree online through Northwest Iowa Community College. Our students are able to choose from over 750 courses and multiple programs!
How does it work? Everything you need to complete your degree is there, just like with our more traditional, classroom-based classes.
NCC, as a member of the Iowa Community College Online Consortium (ICCOC), is able to provide an extensive schedule of classes every semester. When you take an online class, you might be working with one of our instructors or with an instructor at one of the other participating community colleges. Regardless of where that instructor is, you earn your college credits through Northwest Iowa Community College.
You do not have to take all of our classes online. Many of our students blend their program with some online and some on campus. Our goal is to meet your needs! Here are a few things for you to consider before signing up for online classes.
Includes the emphasis available in:
- Pre-Professional Accounting
- Pre-Professional Business
- Pre-Professional Criminal Justice
- Pre-Professional Early Childhood Education
- Pre-Professional Education
- Pre-Professional Human Resource Management
- Pre-Professional Paralegal
2 specialties are available to online students in:
- Financial/Insurance Services
- Health Information Technology
- Powerline Technology
To enroll in an online class today; follow these instructions:
- Please complete the online application in order to become an NCC Student. (Transcripts are required for students who are seeking a degree at NCC.)
After you have received confirmed acceptance, you can contact Student Services to register for your course at 712-324-5061 or 800-352-4907.
- If you plan to transfer this course to another institution, please check with your current institution/advisor to make sure that this course will appropriately transfer back as needed for your degree plan. NCC does not have the discretion to say whether or not a course will work for degree requirements at other institutions.
A little bit more….here are a few other terms that you may come across in the area of technology and learning!
- eCompanion is a web shell (just like online classes) that your instructor will use for your electronic grade book and for sharing other information with you.
- Hybrid Courses are partially online and partially in the classroom. The purpose of these courses is to combine the benefits of in-class lecture with the advantages of online learning. Hybrid courses promote independent, modern delivery methods. Students are still required to participate in class each week.
- ICN Classes allow students to attend class at the campus or school closest to home that has an Iowa Communications Network (ICN) classroom. Lectures are delivered through the fiber optics system and are shown on a television screen. Students are able to interact through microphones and a camera system. It provides an opportunity to enroll in college credit classes without having to travel great distances.
For more information, contact Student Services.
Note: Northwest Iowa Community College is registered as a private institution with the Minnesota Office of Higher Education pursuant to Minnesota Statutes, sections 136A.61 to 136A.71. Registration is not an endorsement of the institution. Credits earned at the institution may not transfer to all other institutions.