1. Fill out a Free application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA). There are three ways to apply:
When you apply on the web, you will be prompted to login with your FSA ID. The FSA ID (username and password) has replaced the Federal Student Aid PIN. Your FSA ID confirms your identity when you access your financial aid information and electronically sign Federal Student Aid documents (e.g. FAFSA). If you do not already have an FSA ID, you can create one when logging into fafsa.gov, nslds.ed.gov, studentloans.gov, or studentaid.gov. View this short video for help in creating a FSA ID.
- Apply online
- Complete a paper FAFSA. Go to the website and download a PDF version of the FAFSA
- Call 800-4-FED-AID and request a paper application
2. Remember to include NCC's financial aid school code 004600 on the FAFSA. Submit the FAFSA on the Web or mail in the paper version to the federal processor.
3. After the FAFSA is processed you and NCC will receive a Student Aid Report (SAR). Review the information on the SAR, check it for accuracy and update estimated information, if necessary. You may make corrections or updates online at the Federal Student Aid website or on the paper SAR, if you received one.
4. If your SAR indicated that you are selected for verification, you will need to complete a verification worksheet and you may need to submit IRS Tax Transcripts. It is important for you to respond to NCC as soon as possible with all the documents.
5. Once your file is complete and you have been accepted by Admissions, NCC will send you an award letter indicating the types and amounts of aid for which you are eligible.