Award: Associate of Arts Degree
Full or part-time students may begin at anytime
The Associate of Arts degree may be a path for you if you plan to transfer to a four-year college or university or are uncertain of your future academic plans. This degree is also a great way to begin if a student wants to “try” college, even without having decided on a major area of study.
A transfer program is a smart and economical way to earn a bachelor’s degree. NCC will work with you to make your transfer process as smooth as possible. NCC offers small class sizes and a great student to faculty ratio. Don’t get lost in the crowd, enroll at NCC today!
NCC has seamless transfer agreements with many colleges and universities! Many of our students transfer to: the University of Iowa, Iowa State University, University of South Dakota, South Dakota State University, Buena Vista University, Northwestern College, Dordt College and more. NCC has a transfer specialist to work with you in order to create an easy transition from earning your Associate’s Degree at NCC to earning your Bachelor’s Degree at your preferred College or University.
NCC offers nine Pre-Professional programs that prepare students to transfer on to 4-year institutions to complete their respective degrees. These program include:
• Pre-Professional Accounting
• Pre-Professional Criminal Justice
• Pre-Professional Early Childhood
• Pre-Professional Education
• Pre-Professional Human Services
• Pre-Professional History
• Pre-Professional Psychology
• Pre-Professional Art
What’s unique about this program?
Need some flexibility so you can complete your degree in two years? NCC offers a way to be on campus one day a week (Tuesday OR Thursday) and complete the rest of your coursework online. *Financial Aid is available for full-time students.
1. A minimum cumulative grade point average of 2.00
2. A minimum of 60 semester credits
3. A minimum of 45 semester credits of general education
• Communications: 9 credits
• Mathematics/Science: 9 credits
(A minimum of one 3-credit course in each area and a science course with a lab required)
• Social Sciences: 9 credits
• Humanities: 9 credits
• Additional from the above disciplines: 9 credits
OR Computer Literacy
(CSC110-A and/or CSC115-A)
• General education credit must be selected from courses ending in an “A” suffix
4. A minimum of 15 additional semester credits from any area or from a pre-professional focus area.
5. SDV108-A: 1 credit
All degree seeking AA students must complete "The College Experience" course.
• Transfer students who have successfully completed at least 24 credits at another college and have a cumulative GPA of 2.0 or above, as documented on official transcripts.
• Students enrolled in the dual credit program of NCC who have applied for graduation at NCC for an AA or for an AS degree prior to graduating from high school.
• Student who wish to appeal the requirement must submit a letter to the Associate Dean of Students Services/Registrar.
º The letter and official transcript (s) must be received no later than fourteen (14) calendar days before the start of the semester.
º The request will be reviewed and a response will be sent to the student prior to the start of the semester.
º The decision of the Associate Dean of Students/Registrar or of his/her designees (s) shall be final.
6. A minimum of 15 semester credits must be completed through NCC.
Satisfactory assessment scores and/or prerequisites are required for some courses.