Evening Custodial Supervisor
– High school diploma or equivalent. Basic computer skills.
– Graduate of building, grounds, and maintenance or equivalent program and more than two years of work experience. Bilingual in English and Spanish languages.
DESIRED QUALITIES AND CHARACTERISTICS:
1. Experiences working in custodial field or floor maintenance
2. Knowledge of floor care, terrazzo, tile and carpet, and floor care equipment.
3. Skilled in operation of floor machines, buffers, extractor, wet vac, and auto scrubber.
4. Ability to understand and follow written and verbal instructions.
5. Ability to communication and get along with co-workers.
6. Ability to work alone with supervision.
7. Knowledge of maintenance of custodial equipment.
Duties include, but are not limited to, the following –
1. Keeping accurate and up-to-date timesheets.
2. Signing out supplies taken from maintenance supply.
3. Knowledge of proper use of floor care equipment.
4. Sweeping, mopping, vacuuming, dusting, and emptying trash and butt containers.
5. Stripping, scrubbing, rinsing, and refinishing and buffing floors.
6. Extracting and/or bonneting clean carpet.
7. Removing spots in carpet and on hard floors.
8. Cleaning entrance mats.
9. Washing windows, walls, ceilings, and light fixtures.
10. Cleaning chalkboards, marker boards, and erasers.
11. Cleaning and disinfecting restroom fixtures, hardware, tile, mirrors, partitions, floors, etc.
12. Replacing restroom supplies as necessary.
13. Setting up tables and chairs for classes, meetings, and other events.
14. Loading and unloading supplies and equipment.
15. Knowing location and proper use of fire fighting equipment.
16. Being responsible for the security of buildings and contents.
17. Checking that all students are out, lights are off, and windows and doors are locked and the building is secure before leaving.
18. Opening the buildings for classes when assigned.
19. Performing security check during weekends and holidays.
20. Cleaning all tools, equipment, and supplies after each use and storing them in their proper place.
21. Removing snow as needed.
22. Spreading ice melt on sidewalks as needed.
23. Following instructions for proper use of cleaning supplies.
24. Taking down and folding the flags.
25. Turning on or off the heating/cooling equipment when assigned.
26. Putting away school vehicles in the evenings when assigned.
27. Supervising part-time employees that may be assigned.
28. Keeping the Evening Custodial Supervisor and/or Director of Physical Facilities informed of incidents requiring action and/or repair.
29. Serving on college committees.
30. Team members are:
a. expected to work cooperatively and promote the success of all team mates;
b. required to communicate with each other so each team member is optimally efficient on each shift;
c. to confront unavoidable conflict with other team members courteously with a focus on a solution to the conflict; and
d. required to talk out problems with the party involved in a professional courteous manner and only as a last resort ask the supervisor to get involved.
31. Any other duties as assigned by the Evening Custodial Supervisor.
The statements contained herein reflect general details as necessary to describe the essential job duties/responsibilities and performance expectations of the job, which should not be considered an all-inclusive listing of work requirements. Individuals may perform other duties as assigned.
$9.60 to $10.60 per hour
APPLICATION CLOSING DATE:
Applications accepted until the position is filled.
ANTICIPATED EMPLOYMENT DATE:
As soon as possible.
View Full Job Description