To instruct and coach individuals in various exercises and activities.
Help clients assess their physical fitness level and encourage and help
them set and reach their fitness goals. Will include one-on-one and
group fitness settings.
Institutional Advancement and Enrollment Services
Coordinator of Lifelong Learning and Recreation Center
• CPR and First Aid Certification or ability to obtain within 60 days of employment and must maintain certification throughout employment with Northwest Iowa Community College (NCC).
• Must obtain a national certification from an accredited organization such as American College of Sports Medicine (ACSM), National Exercise Trainers Association (NETA), National Strength and Conditioning Association (NSCA), etc. or ability to obtain within 30 days of employment and must maintain certification throughout employment with Northwest Iowa Community College (NCC).
DESIRED QUALITIES AND CHARACTERISTICS:
1. Possess knowledge and be able to demonstrate proficient program design skills and proper techniques.
1. Work with Coordinator of LLRC to coordinate personal training programs in the LLRC.
2. Requires a flexible schedule to provide personal training sessions to clients.
3. Supervise clients using facility equipment and amenities.
4. Effectively demonstrate proper use and functions of all equipment in the LLRC.
5. Support and communicate with Coordinator of LLRC.
6. Use computer skills to input, access, and work with member
information using LLRC membership software or ability to learn computer
skills necessary to complete job functions.
7. Motivate clients and team members.
8. Assist clients in exercise technique.
9. Identify specific training needs.
10. Apply first aid and CPR procedures as needed.
11. Construct weight loss, weight gain, fitness programs.
12. Lead various activities and exercises.
13. Monitor and communicate client progress.
14. Demonstrate each physical activity.
15. Apply and teach clients specific nutritional practices.
16. Provide clients with information and resources in regards to nutrition, weight control, and other lifestyle issues.
17. Work with clients on a one-on-one basis in the NCC LLRC, utilizing the LLRC equipment.
18. Perform other duties as assigned by the Coordinator.
ASSIGNMENT OF CLIENTS:
Clients will be assigned to trainers by the Coordinator of Lifelong Learning and Recreation Center based upon trainer/client availability, client need, etc. while adhering to the preferences of the trainers for clients as well as the preferences of clients for trainers. It is essential that the trainer notifies the Coordinator of Lifelong Learning and Recreation Center and all clients as soon as possible when they will be unavailable or away from their regular schedule.
$15.00 per hour
APPLICATION CLOSING DATE:
Applications accepted until the position is filled.
ANTICIPATED EMPLOYMENT DATE:
As soon as possible.
View full job description