Making a charitable gift to the Everyone Knows Someone Who Chose NCC Campaign
for Northwest Iowa Community College is an important and very personal decision. The satisfaction in giving comes in knowing through your gift you are investing in the lives of individuals, businesses, and organizations that benefit from the mission of Northwest Iowa Community College.
The following information may be helpful as you consider the various ways in which you can support the Everyone Knows Someone Who Chose NCC Campaign
Gifts are monies or property given without any expectation of any return value or other compensation on the part of the donor. Restricted gifts are used in accordance with the parameters set by the donor. Unrestricted gifts allow Northwest Iowa Community College to utilize the funds toward the projects referenced in the Everyone Knows Someone Who Chose NCC
Campaign materials or other needs of the College.
Types of Gifts
• Pledges: Future gifts of monies or property voluntarily given without expectation on the part of the donor. The Everyone Knows Someone Who Chose NCC Campaign accepts pledges up to five years in length.
• Cash: Currency, check, or credit card.
• Grain: Corn, beans, or any commodity the College could sell.
• Appreciated Stocks: Security shares of publicly traded companies.
• Matching Gifts: Employers may have matching gift programs to match in full or in part their employees’ gift to the College.
• Real Estate: Gifts of property: agriculture, commercial, or residential.
• Retirement Savings: Naming the College as a beneficiary of an IRA, profit sharing, or other retirement plan.
• Life Insurance: Naming the College as a beneficiary.
• Planned Gifts: Gifts made to the College through a will.
Gifts to the Northwest Iowa Community College Foundation will be used specifically for the purpose intended by the donor.
NCC Foundation Gift Acceptance Policy Statement
The Northwest Iowa Community College Foundation will accept on behalf of Northwest Iowa Community College donations for educational, scientific, and charitable purposes made for the advancement of the College. Such donations may be cash, materials, supplies, equipment, services, securities, real property, or deferred gifts.
The Northwest Iowa Community College Foundation through its management and fundraising activities adheres to standards and best practices of The Council for Advancement and Support of Education and The Council for Resource Development.
The Northwest Iowa Community College Foundation benchmarks with other sectors of the higher education community annually through the Council for Aid to Education’s Voluntary Support of Education Survey.
Consult your Tax Advisors
The information provided is not offered as legal advice. For legal or tax advice, please contact your tax attorney or accountant.
For more information contact The NCC Foundation:
- Vice President, Institutional Advancement & External Affairs
- Coordinator - Foundation/Alumni Relations
- NCC Foundation