The NCC Safety Committee is made up of members from all areas of the College, including Faculty, Student Services, Maintenance, Administration and Information Technology. The Committee meets once a month to discuss campus safety issues. Recent campus safety initiatives the Committee has undertaken include:
- Installation of 65 security cameras
- New outdoor warning siren and voice communication tower
- Push button indoor classroom locks
- Emergency texting and email notification system for weather delays or on-campus emergencies
- Indoor PA system which reaches 95% of all classrooms and public areas
- Emergency crisis preparation plan document
The Committee also works closely with local law enforcement and local weather responders.